Job Title: Great Lakes Outdoor Rep
Parallel 45 Sales Group defies the conventional definition of an outdoor sales agency. Our small and quickly growing team combines sales, community engagement, and strategic planning for best-in-class outdoor vendors. We are passionate about fostering meaningful change and cultivating growth. And we have a lot of experience doing both. Our mission is to partner with purpose-driven businesses to drive sustainable change and growth. We view social responsibility and environmental conservation as vital business ethics, as well as tools to connect with today’s customers. We believe in empowering individuals, building strong communities, and minimizing our environmental impact.
Come grow with us!
The Great Lakes Outdoor Rep will be the primary contact and tasked with managing both specialty and major retail relationships in MI, IN, and OH. This includes creating strong relationships within the outdoor community and bringing excitement to every interaction. Hit the road and drive sales for a select grouping of vendors. Ensure sell-through with creative and engaging retail in-store clinics and provide retailers with local marketplace insights and opportunities. Share energy and passion for the outdoors by organizing and hosting dealer camps, and active events with retailers and customers. Oh, and getting outside with the team to use and enjoy vendor products is a requirement!
- Manage retail relationships: Manage and grow our retail partner base in the Great Lakes region.
- Education: Create and conduct dynamic sales clinics covering all technical features and benefits of vendor products. Communicate the unique benefits of Parallel 45 Sales Groups’ select vendors to consumers at in-store events and through industry networking.
- Community activation: Bring the stoke as a brand ambassador, establishing strong relationships, credibility, and trust. Immerse yourself into the territory by participating in and supporting consumer events and community organizations integrating local nonprofits into quarterly events. Utilize social media channels to create brand and event exposure for both vendors and retailers.
- Sales: Schedule retailer meetings and execute sales presentations and product meetings at trade shows. Hanging and organizing samples, building and setting up booths. Take on new opportunities in sales, reporting, and analysis as the business grows.
- Communication: Create strong reporting and open communication from the field to principal rep and vendor contacts through the use of email and phone. Identify and communicate national and regional trends to retailers and vendors.
- Merchandising: Asses and rework vendor products as well as educate retail staff on merchandising best practices and consistency. Distribute and install POP materials supplied by vendors. Occasional requirements to assist or install elevated POP, such as shop-in-shops, will be requested.
- Opportunity: Identify sales growth opportunities like expanding in-store presence through elevated POP strategies or fill-in opportunities. Prospect and explore new potential retailers for specified vendors.
- Performance: Set and achieve meaningful and measurable goals supporting P45 Sales, the vendors, the retailers, and the social/environmental betterment of our brand and community.
- Maintain a high level of personal responsibility and ownership under tight deadlines
- Strong relationship, communication, and listening skills required
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
- Proficient at public speaking and presenting
- Organized multitasker, with the ability to plan, prioritize and analyze
- Team-oriented but independently driven
- Travel for events, trade shows, and relationship-building opportunities, including occasional nights and weekends
- 3-5 years in outdoor or related industry
- 5+ years in sales, retail, or field marketing required
- Strong passion for the outdoors
Work Location: Remote – Michigan
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00/year + Bonuses $5,000 – $10,000/year
- Vendor discounts
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
For interest, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Parallel 45 Sales Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer